VOLUNTEER REQUESTS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED FOR 2018
Thanks for your interest in volunteering for the seventh-annual Big Texas Beer Fest, Dallas’ original craft beer festival.
This event will take place at the Fair Park Automobile Building on March 30-31, 2018! Please be sure to navigate our website pages to review all the event details.
IF YOU VOLUNTEER THE ENTIRE DAY ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY, YOU WILL RECEIVE FREE ENTRY THE OTHER DAY. Anyone who no-shows their volunteer may be unable to volunteer in the future.
NOTE: If you are pouring beer, you are volunteering for WEISS ENTERPRISES and not Brewvolution, LLC.
We need your help in order to run a safe, responsible, and fun event for everyone who loves craft beer. Once you fill out this form, expect to hear from us about 10 days prior to the festival with more info.
For this event, we can use up to 150 volunteers for each day.
These will be chosen based on the following criteria:
* Those who have volunteered at one of our events before.
* Those who are TABC-certified
* Those who wish to volunteer for the entire festival. If you do, we’ll grant you free passes to the other day’s session!
* Those who volunteer for the second portion of either session.
After that, we will base signups on a first come, first served basis.
We suggest riding the DART rail to/from the event. If you must drive, and you volunteer, we will issue you a volunteer parking pass if you indicate this in the BIO section of your profile.
Volunteers MUST be 21 years of age or older, as of March 30, 2018. Please only fill this out if you are 100% sure you can commit to volunteering. If you fill this out and are later unable to, please contact us at least a week before the event.
Terms & Conditions
As a volunteer, I am committed to:
- If TABC certified, I agree to pour NO MORE than 2oz samples into every festival sample cup per sample given. I also agree to mark each sample card, when a sample is poured. Failure to follow these practices will result in me being asked to leave the venue.
- Be dependable, recognizing the commitment and responsibility to my volunteer assignment(s).
- Accept assignment(s) consistent with my interest, abilities, and available time.
- Avoid conflict of interest situations and refrain from actions that may be perceived as such. Volunteers should reveal any potential or actual conflicts of interest as they arise.
- Not accept tips, request meals to be paid for, or otherwise accept payment for my volunteer work.
- Address ethical concerns by speaking directly with the colleague/responder with whom I have the concern; and when necessary, report such to my leader in the defined chain of command.
- Treat all individuals with a sense of dignity, respect, and worth. Make a personal commitment to be nonjudgmental about cultural differences, living conditions and the lifestyle of each person with whom I work.
- Avoid profane and abusive language and disruptive behavior that is dangerous to me and others.
- Respect all confidential information. Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client or other person.
- Not preach to anyone or pressure anyone to accept my political, cultural, or religious beliefs.
- Respect and use all equipment appropriately and as required for my assignment.
- Not use, possess, or be under the influence of illegal drugs at any time while serving as part of Big Texas Beer Fest. If I indulge in alcohol, I promise to do so in a responsible manner that will not prohibit my ability to perform my volunteer duties during my shift.
- Abstain from all illegal activity.
- Wear my Big Texas Beer Fest volunteer T-shirt. All items of clothing must be suitable for the work environment and should not contain offensive or objectionable material, slogans or graphics.
- Follow safe workplace practices, including participation in applicable education sessions, using appropriate personal safety equipment and reporting accidents, injuries, and unsafe situations to security personnel. I will also report suspicious activities to the volunteer supervisor and security.
- Recognize that I have a responsibility to adhere to the rules and procedures of the event. Failure to do so or failure to satisfactorily perform my volunteer assignment may cause me to be subject to dismissal.
- To the fullest extent of the law, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless, Brewvolution, LLC, Weiss Enterprises, B-Weiss Entertainment, its owners, employees, subcontractors, consultants, and agents from and against claims, damages, losses and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, arising out of or resulting from performance of the work in the affected area if in fact the material or substance presents the risk of bodily injury or death and has not been rendered harmless provided that such claim, damage, loss or expense is attributable to bodily injury, sickness, disease or death, or to injury to or destruction of tangible property (including other than the work itself) except to the extent that such damage, loss or expense is due to the sole fault of negligence of the party seeking negligence.
- Nature of Relationship. Nothing herein shall be construed to create an employer-employee relationship between Brewvolution, LLC, Weiss Enterprises, or B-Weiss Entertainment and myself.